Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 June 2020

Warm.

It's been very warm today both in the sun and under the dark clouds. The weather man on the radio is talking about thunderstorms but I think we missed them.
This afternoon I had something to take to the post box around the corner. Once I'd done that it felt too nice to go straight home so I decided to take the long way back going down to Bradiford and then returnig up the other side of our estate. Peter said he came downstairs to find a very sad looking Speedy waiting by the front door hoping for another walk.
The recent hot weather seems to have suited this fig tree that can be seen above the wall of one of the old houses near the post box.
A very pretty cottage garden outside a genuine cottage in Bradiford. 
While I was out I met a lady I knew walking a dog with her friend. We had a long chat before going our separate ways.
I hadn't been this way for a while and there were lots of flowers to admire. Turning back up into our road I came across a gathering of some of my neighbours having a very well spaced chat in the road. I joined in and carried on chatting for quite a while. Co-incidentally both the lady out with her dog and the one by her house have the same first name.
Before my walk I'd painted the conservatory wall with its final coat of white. The tub of paint is now back in the garage and my handy small (for behind radiators) paint roller has been washed out. I also did a bit of paving slab scraping. If I do a short session each day or so eventually the job will be done.
This garden made me smile.

No comments: