Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 June 2020

Even Hotter.

It has been even hotter today. Too hot to sit outside so I don't know what the temperature in our garden was. Right now the clouds are building up and I watched the rain along with some thunder moving across the bay towards Braunton. It's brightened up again though there is a big black cloud right over the house.
This morning Peter suggested we go for a walk around Manning's Pit. By the time we'd organised ourselves it was the middle of the day so it was a very hot walk.
We went in by the closest route but Peter didn't appreciate climbing over the metal gate so on our return we climbed to the top of the field where there's a swing gate (the sort that stops stock from getting out).  
I woke early this morning which gave me the opportunity to start making a cover for Peter's desk chair. He finds it very comfortable when he's at his computer but the faux leather has begun to crumble resulting in a constant scattering of black flakes across the carpet. I got the seat cover sorted before breakfast and this afternoon I was able to cut out and tack together the fabric for the back of the chair. Will show photos when it's all done. However the fabric itself has a tale to tell. When we were first married we had a second-hand Chesterfield sofa. The fabric was showing its age so I bought a stretch cover of some artificial material in my favourite dark rust colour. That was at least 35 years ago. Eventually the sofa frame gave way but before the sofa went to the dump I saved the cover. Later I used the fabric to make covers for 1/2? second-hand armchairs. When they too had to go to the dump I saved what was left of the fabric which is now being re-used for the second time to cover Peter's chair. 


I've been watching the bud for days and at last we have a Passion flower. I've got two other plants, one all white and one all pink. 

No comments: