Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 June 2020

Grey.

It's been a day of blustery showers, sometimes chilly sometimes warm.
Speedy's new deluxe travel  carrier arrived today. Purple was the only colour available from the UK based seller otherwise I would probably have chosen black or grey. It has a couple of metal struts inside that fit together to give it stability and when not being used it can be folded flat. I went for the largest carrier as driving the car and camper up to Wales will take at the very best five hours. The brown cat bed will fit inside so I guess Speedy will be as snug as a bug. Peter will drive the camper but he's vetoed having the carrier in the camper (smells!) so it will have to go in the back of the car which I'll be driving. Also when we have the movers here and in Wales I can use the carrier to keep Speedy secure. It wouldn't do for a feral cat trying to claw it's way out but will be fine for Speedy. I put it outside to air as it smells strongly of plastic but had to bring it in when it started to rain. As can be seen Speedy didn't mind the smell. He then went into a happy purring state when I laid the fleece floor blanket down.
I was up reasonably early today and have done all my exercises etc. which puts me in a good mood. Once I'd shifted the boxes in the corner of the dinning room it only took five minutes to paint over the patch of shiny paint there. Then I thought I might as well paint the wall of the conservatory which was a sort of mushroom colour. It will need another coat tomorrow and hopefully that will be enough as I'm down to the last dregs of paint in the tub. Having been assured by Peter that the delivery arrangements will be fine I went ahead and bought the unit to go under the kitchen sink. Not that exciting to look at but after so much hassle sorting sink, taps and unit I'm excited. Also it's the first step towards our new kitchen. The doors will be swapped over when the big kitchen makeover happens.
Peter has printed out a set of 7 basic greeting phrases in Welsh for me to practise. Some I kind of know but the one that throws me is Good Afternoon - Prun Hawn Da. The trouble is when I see it written all I can think off is prawns. Thank You - Diolch yn Fawr might also have confused me if I hadn't learn't it aurally first (De ok 'n vaur). I think part of my difficulty learning new languages stems from lack of confidence. What if I say Good Morning or Thank You and the other person thinks I'm a Welsh speaker? I guess I'll just have to explain that I'm only learning.
PS I thought I'd leave a comment to check what's going on and surprisingly I was taken to the Google home page, the same with yesterday's post but the day before's post took me to the correct comments page. Going back to the last comment left on Monday's post also took me to the comments page, hooray.

No comments: