Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Wet.

Two days of sun and now we're back to our usual British summer weather, grey and wet. It still feels pretty warm but I can see at least one set of neighbours have put their heating on.
Speedy has spent most of the day sleeping in his new bed while I've been working on my St Ives photobook.
There didn't seem to be much difference in the price of photo books from the main companies so I went to one I had used before. Sorted through my photos again and then uploaded 104 photos onto the site's editor only to have the whole site freeze. So I began the whole process again with another company that I've also used before. I've kept the text to a minimum, just a few captions to aid the memory process in the distant future. Right now it's all done but I'll have a final read/look through before placing my order. St Ives may be overrun with tourists, well not right now, but it has a special place in my heart.
In between the light rain showers the blackbird sang out his happy song sitting on a garden fence post. Last night I was watching out of the bedroom window, always hoping to see a fox or something, when a large bat flew into view hunting insects drawn to the light of the streetlight at the bottom of the garden. (For some reason that light doesn't switch off until quarter to two.) The bat was bigger than the little pipistrelles we had at Dingles but I didn't get a long enough sighting to make a guess at which of the other seven common species it was.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Speedy looks nice and comfy!