Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Hot.

Very hot today. Within an hour of hanging sheets on the line they were ready to be brought back inside for ironing. Still some breeze and a few clouds for a little relief when we sat outside later in the afternoon. (Photos from yesterday's walk.)
Went to put an extra bit of rubbish in our wheelie bin which I'd taken out onto the grass last night and discovered somebody had added another bag of rubbish. What cheek! 
In my quest to reduce the sound of Peter's snoring on advice from Romas I bought some DIY self moulded earplug stuff and some new in-ear headphones. Today I had my first attempt to solve the problem. I mixed equal amounts of the two pastes, pressed in a headphone and then put the whole lot into my ear to get a custom fit. After 10 minutes the silicone mixture had set and tonight will test the efficacy of these ear plugs + headphones. There's still plenty of the pastes left if I need to make modifications. 
A while back I noticed that there was rust on some of the struts of the sun loungers I bought a while back. I could have claimed for a refund or replacement but they were relatively cheap so instead I decided to deal with the rust. Today I sanded back to clean metal and then sprayed with black car paint. If it gets worse in future I could use Hammerite to maintain the metal. The most difficult part of the job was protecting the seat fabric and the floor with plastic and paper.
The lockdown easing continues - it's been announced that from July 4th holiday destinations; camp sites, caravan parks, hotels etc, pubs, restaurants, museums and many other places will be allowed to open and the 2m distance is reduced to 1m+ which means with some other precautions such as face coverings. All a bit vague and designed to boost the economy. I just hope we'll have moved before the inevitable second wave.
I saw this sea holly growing in a front garden yesterday. After some initial slug damage I've got growth showing from five of the roots I bought in Tesco's. Perfect plants for a sea-side garden. Today I had to sort out the climbers again. They keep winding around each other and the buddleia and are growing tremendously.
Re comments - It's still diverting to other pages. I find a second try gets me through to the comments page.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Here's hoping they ear plugs work.