Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 June 2020

Windy.

A very windy day. A perfect day for going out for a walk (no such luck) with plenty of sunshine interspersed with grey moments and the odd brief spot of rain.
This morning I had to go up to the hospital for my two week heart monitor. As it was looking a bit grey at the time I took up Peter's offer of a lift to the hospital. There I was fitted with a smaller monitor than the one week one. Only two electrodes instead of four and rather surprisingly the unit will only record ten events. For two weeks? Admittedly with the medication changes  I'm not getting anything like as many or as severe symptoms. If I get to ten events I have to ring up the hospital to make an appointment where they will check the readings and either re-set the unit or stop the monitoring. There was a lot of obvious distancing at the hospital and I was given a surgical mask to wear while in the hospital. I didn't spend long in the hospital and was soon out marching down the hill to the High Street. I rescued my final box of tablets from Boots, phew but when I tried to hand over some unwanted tablets for disposal I was told that I'd have to wait while somebody gowned and masked up first. I'm sorry to say I took the tablets home and threw them in the bin. 
The traffic seems to have returned to pre-lockdown levels and apart from at the hospital I counted only seven people wearing face masks in and around the shops. Even though the scientists all recommend wearing face masks/coverings when out in public the govt. is only going to make it a requirement for people using public transport. Our next General Election is not for four years when no doubt the Conservatives will continue to claim a 'great victory' over Covid despite the fact that currently the UK death toll is the second highest in the world and greater than the whole of the EU which has four times as many people. That's not per million but overall!  Are they hoping we'll all forget the catalogue of mistakes and delays that have led to so many deaths?

Back home after checking up in the loft that I have indeed given away all our spare pillow cases including a couple of brown ones, I unpicked a couple of cushion covers and quickly ran up a cover for Speedy's pillow. The fabric is a bit slippery so I don't know if he'll be comfortable on it. Once the charity shops are  open I might have to buy a pillow case anyway.


No comments: