Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Wet.

A grey morning eventually gave way to steady rain and right now it's approaching downpour level.
Today as well as the usual two bike sessions I've begun adding in some of the floor exercises mostly leg/knee strengthening and lower back flexibility work.
I've also got on with some extra household jobs. There was a patch of loose plaster, only a few inches across, behind a small cupboard in the dining room. I'd already scraped and sanded so today was painting day. There were also a couple of shiny spots on the staircase wall which have been bugging me. These were the result of my 'cleaning' my paintbrush over a few places where the grey showed through slightly the last time I did some painting. I thought maybe the shine was due to a different make of white paint but today when I looked in the cupboard I saw that the paint had been 'satin' rather than 'matt'. Silly me -again. But what had I painted with the satin? Oh dear, it was a strip along the dining room wall behind the big pine cupboard. A peer into the space behind the cupboard showed a lovely contrasting shiny strip. Nothing for it but to unload the cupboard, shift more boxes around and slide the cupboard forward so that I could squeeze behind it. A quick brush over with matt white paint and job done. Or almost, there's a bit more behind the pile of packed boxes in the corner of the room. Those I'll shift tomorrow and paint the last bit.
This afternoon I made another attempt to buy the kitchen cupboard to go under the new sink. Wickes have now opened their showrooms so I had every hope of success. First I tried phoning one of their branches in Wales but couldn't get an answer. Then I rang the ordering phone number where eventually a computer told me they weren't taking phone orders but I could order on-line. That I did and it went remarkably well. That was until I spotted that the delivery would be any time between 7am and 7pm. As the place it needs to be delivered to is our builder's friend's garage I need to find out if that will be okay. Peter has sent our builder a text and until we get a reply I shan't complete the purchase. Close, but no coconut.
Once again the bug that's diverting attempts to get to the comments section is back. My only hope is that I can lose it when Blogger changes to the new format as it's not showing up when I run a virus scan.

No comments: