Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Wet.

For most of the day it's been very grey, often wet with a few spells of rumbling thunder. Not only do I not have to worry about the drive getting washed away but no longer do we have to go round unplugging everything in case the lightning hit the electrical wires strung above the fields. The weather lady has aptly described it as turbulent.
Like the honey bees I've been busy. With the conservatory wood trim job on hold I turned to the staircase bannisters. Being painted white it wasn't a surprise that they had begun to look a bit grubby. Not only grubby but there was a certain degree of stickiness which I assume was grease from our hands.  Not the best impression on anyone coming to view. Having failed previously to  clean the bannisters successfully I turned to the web and found the advice to wipe first with baby wipes, which I'd been doing and then to wipe down with vinegar and water. That didn't make a terrific difference and I think that too much rubbing was causing some of the paint to rub off. However when it was dry I gave it a coat of white paint - silk finish, and now the paint is dry it looks and feels a lot better.
A late night session on FB last night yielded a few interesting snippets. Firstly that large plane on Monday was a C17 Globemaster, an RAF transport plane which was being used for training. Next came the welcome news that plaster is making its way back into the builders' merchants. 7 pallet loads in a local store soon disappeared but Peter has heard from our builder that he'll be collecting his order within days. The final thing  was a friend request from somebody who was one of Peter's friends in the days before we even got together. I did know him too and as Peter doesn't do FB I will respond. 
Speedy struck again this morning. I was on my mat doing a Pilates bridge when he decided to leap from the stool straight onto my stomach. That was quite a surprise and resulted in a loud shriek from me. He stayed in position while I pulsed up and down but had to leave when I did some curl ups to stretch my spine.


No comments: