Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 June 2020

Windy.

More strong winds today, one moment sunny and the next a sudden shower.
I had an enjoyable time outside removing any dead roses and pottering about pulling up a few weeds until an approaching shower sent me back indoors. 
Today I completed the cover for Peter's chair putting an end to the gentle fall of black flakes onto his carpet. The chair itself is still comfortable and functional so it would have been wasteful and bad for the planet to replace it. There is also a small bone shaped cushion which although it had been put inside a pillow case was shedding black flakes in a far worse manner than the rest of the chair. I made a new inner cover from some heavy duty fabric that was once the leg of a pair of cargo trousers. I'd saved that fabric in case it was needed to patch Peter's remaining cargo trousers which he uses as work clothes. Black mess safely enclosed I made an outer cover from the rust coloured fabric. This fabric also fits nicely with my plan to hang an oriental wool rug on the wall of Peter's new study to reduce the sound of his films and games. The main colour of this rug is also rust which will match the chair.

One of last night's downpours produced a rainbow behind the house.

No comments: