Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 June 2020

Grey.

We had a warm dry morning followed by a few showers and finally heavy rain. The sort that would have had me rushing out to build the dams across the road. The rain is easing off now but I'm sure the internet doesn't like the rain as I can't load up any photos. Maybe it's the Sky dish which needs seeing to. We've recently had some pixilating on the tv so Peter's going to get them to sort out. 

Earlier today I was staring out of the window, a favourite past-time, and saw an orange sail? flying about in the distance. A closer look with the binoculars and the camera zoom revealed somebody having a lovely time kite surfing up and down the river. The tide was in so he had plenty of room to whizz along. 

Being Friday it was time to head out shopping. When I went down to the car I left the door open to clear some of the heat while I went into the garage for my small paint roller. Roller located I went to get into the car and found a friendly young ginger and white cat sitting in the footwell. He came out when I called and then there was some serious head bopping. He then had fun attacking the fluffy paint roller and I had to gently disengage his paws before I could begin my journey to town.

Since the easing of the lockdown things seem to be returning to normal and the traffic was much the same as pre-Covid. There's still the queueing and 6ft distancing in the shops and the perils of navigating around the shops where there are arrows on the floor. In Tesco's I was thinking about sneaking into one of the very wide veg aisles to pick up some white cabbage when a fierce lady shopper told me that I would be going the wrong way. I didn't dare disobey and walked the long way round to get to the correct place. Later in B&Q where I was already a little crochety having been made to take a trolley even though the only items I was after were 10ft long strips of wood. It was going to be difficult carrying the wood upright in one hand while trying to push the trolley. Before I picked up the wood I wanted to have a look at their laminate flooring but found every aisle leading to that area sporting arrows pointing in the wrong direction. In the end I went over to the kitchen deign area and called over to the member of staff asking how I was supposed to get to other side of all those arrows. Her response - the arrows were for guidance only but please keep at a safe distance from other customers. The wood strips are to cover up the gaps around the edges of the wood flooring in the conservatory. It was originally laid (by the previous owners) with no expansion space and with some damp (I think) getting in from the poorly made conservatory the floor rose up in an alarming hump until our very good builder took off some of the edges. The gaps look very messy so I'm going to cover them with the strips fixed so that the flooring boards can expand and contract. The better stuff to use would have been flooring edging but apart from being £22 a strip, the strips of the correct width were 50cms too short.

Having got the small roller from the garage I got set to paint the conservatory wall. Unfortunately there just wasn't enough paint left in the tub. If I haven't got any matt white paint left in the garage I'll just paint the wall with the satin paint.
Saturday morning - Finally I can load my photos.

No comments: