Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 June 2020

Variable.

The day began grey and cool, then became a lot warmer even hot with dark grey clouds overhead and right now there's not a cloud to be seen and it's intensley hot. Everything in one day.
Out on the hillside the fields are turning red as the meadow grasses begin to flower.
My energetic mood continues though maybe I should  reduce the amount of paving slab cleaning as I don't think my back likes it too much. Today I was back to two sessions on the exercise bike for the first time though the other exercises are on hold for the moment as anything to do with the core affects the ribs and sternum too. I did the downstairs hoovering but I'm happy to leave the upstairs to Peter. My job for the day was to put some sealant on the shower tray and along the window sills in my study and our bedroom. I washed down where I wanted to seal, left everything to dry and then ....  I had enough sealant in the tube but I couldn't keep the nozzle from blocking up. I got out some of the plug of hardened sealant but then the remnants kept blocking up the hole. In the end I gave up and threw the tube away and will buy a new tube. Incidentally I've found that face wipes are perfect for wiping off the sticky sealant from my hands. Wiping with a dry or wet cloth or washing with soap just don't do the job.
The next delivery of flooring samples arrived today. Two were definite no's and we're now deciding between one from the first delivery and one from today's. I'm leaning towards the lighter one while Peter prefers the darker one so for the moment the samples are on the floor for us to decide. If I ever get to show any prospective buyers around I shall make a point of saying how much our real wood floor would have cost.
Yesterday evening I was in the sitting room when I saw the young cat I call Pretty Boy on the garden path. I opened the window to shoo him away but when he saw me he came running up miauing and I had to shut the window as I'm sure he would have jumped right in. Speedy was in the room too and he simply flew at the lower part of the window hitting it with a real bang. He then stood up on the arm of the sofa in full alert attack mode watching out for any further incursion. I don't think Pretty Boy would have had much chance against Speedy.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm with Peter and like the darker shade best.