Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 May 2018

Dry.

We've had a dry day with the morning being quite sunny. Work progresses on the back garden. The top deck  made from the old decking planks looks as good as I thought it would. The lower part of that wall is just the right height for leaning on to chat to my neighbour. The alarming crack in the wall has been repaired and once the builder has finished I'll give that wall and the back one a coat or two of paint. 
Next to be done is to make the steps deeper and safer. Our builder borrowed a Stihl saw to cut through the concrete blocks but it refused to start so he ended up using a stone chisel. 
Our other builder friend called round in the afternoon bringing the new downstairs doors which he will be fitting on Saturday. He hasn't been too well recently but hopefully I've made it clear to him that the job isn't urgent enough for him to be risking his health.
Trying to keep out of the builder's way I spent the morning doing housework and the afternoon sorting out the large storage box containing all my different sewing kits. Apart from six pairs of scissors there were five measuring tapes and four boxes of pins not to mention a number of thimbles. I've cleared the junk and sorted a few things for the charity shop. Now at least I know exactly what I have for my various mending projects. 

No comments: