Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 May 2018

Sunny.

Another sunny day though the sea mist began rolling in a bit earlier than yesterday. 
Our builder came in the morning and finished off the second step and the last bits of decking. The rest is up to me. 
Peter went and got some decking stain from Wickes who were doing a special offer. All the recycled and new decking got two coats of deck stain. The old deck which I did a while ago is darker due to the  original very dark stain. I had gone over it with the pressure washer when I did all the old decking but for some reason that stayed much darker. I may have to give those two lower decked areas another coat of darker stain to make them a better match. 
While we haven't yet seen any birds feeding on the feeders the fat balls look pecked and today a robin was in the buddleia before stopping for a moment on top of one of the feeders. We've also seen the great tit a couple of times.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Your deck looks wonderful! What is the sweet white flower?

happyone said...

Oh the decking does like nice!!

Ruta M. said...

The white flower is aquilegia also known as Granny's bonnets. Very pretty and self seeds easily.