Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 May 2018

Wet.



It has rained gently all day long giving us misty views. One thing I've noticed when it is like this is that car and other 'town' noises are muted while the birdsong has gone up to full volume especially the melodious local blackbird.
So today was a good day to start painting the hall walls and ceilings. While everything is looking rather blotchy under a single coat of white it is already noticeably brighter. I expect to have to paint at least three more coats, maybe more on the dark grey wallpaper but the end is in sight. 
I love having glass in the downstairs doors. From what used to be a dark hallway we can now see right out into the garden. 
Although the back garden is mostly decking and paving stones the view from the kitchen window is filled with foliage and flowers.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Those light misty rains are best for the plants.
I too like the glass in your inside doors.
I have an old door that looks like yours but has three windows that will be used for the pantry door in the new kitchen.