Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Grey.

A cool grey day today with the occasional shower.
After first checking prices on line I set off with a shopping list of DIY materials needed to complete the garden work. Having quickly done some food shopping in Lidl's my next stop was B&Q. The first setback was that although I had brought along samples of the decking with new and old stains I had left the bit of concrete with the outside wall colour on at home. Although we're pretty sure it's magnolia there's quite difference between magnolia in the different paint ranges. Looking at the value tub it looked more towards the pink rather than cream. The wall paint will have to wait and also the decking stain. Although I had the wood with me they only had one (wrong) colour in the B&Q range which is a lot cheaper than the other makes and I only need half a tin. I can order it on-line but that will take a couple of days before I can collect it. I did pick up a couple of re-bagged damaged bags of ready-mix concrete for less than half price. When I got home I found it is concrete with little stones in. Fine for half the work I'm planning but I also need the smooth sort to stick down a number of loose slabs and edging stones. I even parked up on way home and walked to Wilko's to find they didn't stock the colour I needed. Not a very successful shopping trip. However when I did get home I was able to mix up most of one bag of concrete to make a solid base for edging slabs along a planter by the conservatory.

My little hedgehog turned up for only the second time on the FB page today. 

No comments: