Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Sunny Spells.

The day began with low lying clouds in the distance. During the day the weather kept switching between hot sun and chilly clouds.
 After yet more adjusting I got the plant box more or less lined up and fixed securely. One final coat of stain and I was able to put back the trailing geraniums. There was enough space in the trays to add in some more pots. As the trailing geraniums are a salmon colour (all I could get at the time) they don't really go with the other geraniums which are white/pink/purple so there might be a few colour clashes. I also replaced a decking plank , nearest the wall, as it was in a pretty bad state. My new saw worked beautifully, a good thing as I had to saw down the length of the plank as well as across.
While I was outside I could hear a commotion in the sky above. Looking up there were five seagulls mobbing a buzzard. That's the first one I've seen since we moved here. 
My final task was to stain the replacement plank and then to go over some of the darker planks with the golden cedar stain in an attempt to reduce the contrast between the old and new decking. Before I did that I brought out the vax and hoovered up all the sawdust on the decking. Easier than sweeping though I may have given the neighbours more reason to think I'm a daft old lady. 
Pilates with Tony wasn't quite as gentle as the last time he taught us but it seem more relaxed than our usual sessions. I'm already feeling the muscle ache at the top of my legs so I must have been putting some effort in. And I managed sit-ups from lying completely flat, at least the second and third times we did them. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Made me laugh thinking of you hoovering (we say vacuuming) the deck and made me think of my mother. She used to vacuum her porch all the time. : )