Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 May 2018

Muggy.

Today the sky has been white giving us a cooler but humid day. I did wonder if we going to get the forecast thunderstorms but so far we've only had light rain which began in the late afternoon. 
Speedy was out hunting this morning and jumped into the garden with a long slow worm (legless lizard) in his mouth. By the time I got hold of Speedy the slow worm was too damaged to rescue.
Today was cool enough for Peter to  paint the side garden wall. The original paint had been done while the shed was there (remember that awful old shed?) so was quite patchy. Later I painted the walls at the bottom facing the house as that job required too much bending for Peter to do.
Then I got on with nearly the last of the woodwork jobs. One was to cut a plank to cover up the sloping gap between the paving and the top decking. 
The other was to cut the last piece of bannister lengthways to make a couple of pieces to slot into the gaps under the lower plant box. 
This afternoon, as I pedalled away on the exercise bike a blue tit came down several times onto the  bird feeders. It didn't stop to feed but I'm sure it will eventually. 

No comments: