Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 May 2018

Windy.

We've had plenty of sun today. The wind is now blowing from the north making it quite cold which is probably why the cows were lying down in their field on the hill.
This afternoon I thought it would be easy to make the planter on the terrace. How wrong I was. Although there weren't too many pieces of wood to cut each one needed an angled cut to make them fit neatly. As both of our old workmate benches are in the garage supporting a wooden shelf on which are stored a number of boxes, I do all my sawing leaning on anything handy. Peter was shocked when he came out and found out that the saw I was using was completely blunt which might explain some of the problems I was having. Even using another saw I seemed completely incapable of sawing vertically and I didn't get on very well with the guide gadget. One cut worked perfectly but the others not so much. Most of the wood had been cut now and it's just a matter of working out how to fit them together efficiently.  Despite the wind we ended the afternoon sitting out in the sun with the cats trying hard to remind us that it was well past feeding time.
It wasn't a spectacular sunset yesterday evening but the sun broke through the clouds like a spotlight from above.

2 comments:

happyone said...

It is tricky to get angles cut to fit together. A skill I do not have. Now Ronnie our builder is a perfectionist and can do anything with wood. He really is amazing.
He is such a perfectionist it is almost a fault. : )

Ruta M. said...

He sounds like our indoor builder who has OCD over his work. Everything he does is to the highest standard, he just can't work any other way. That's why we didn't ask him to do the decking which involved recycling the old decking and paving slabs.