Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 May 2018

Wet.

It's been a cooler, grey day with rain that put paid to my plans to build, stain, line, fill and plant the big planter at the end of the top decking. I had only made one side when the first shower sent me rushing to take the washing off the line and head indoors. Luckily the rain died out for a while later on so I was able to build and stain the planter. It's not as neat and tidy as it could be which is due to the combination of my amateur carpentry skills and the lack of straight lines and right angles in the garden. Still once it is planted up and has some plants trailing over the edges it should look fine.
I had to ring up the local council this evening to try and find out what is happening with the recycling collection. Because of Monday's Bank holiday collections were running a day late so we should have had a collection today  but the boxes and bags are sitting there getting nicely wet. A very nice lady told me that we might have a collection tomorrow but that's not definite. While most people's bins were out I had a good look for our food recycling caddy which has been missing for two weeks. The first week I didn't notice and was happily using number 31's caddy. (Some people write their house number on the caddies or as I have done use big stick on numbers.) Last week I couldn't find our caddy and ended up with an unmarked caddy. I looked again this this week but still no sign of my caddy. I've narrowed it down to two households who haven't put out any food caddies. As one of those household is one of our less tidy neighbours I hate to think what state our once clean caddy will be in when I do find it. Nothing that some hot water, bleach and a scrubbing brush won't fix but mildly irritating.

No comments: