Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Wet.

Another humid day with light showers on and off. I spent a lovely morning having coffee with a couple of friends at the garden centre. Before I set off I took some photos of the front and back gardens to show my friends.  
Apart from the old doors, which I believe are going to be collected next weekend, there is quite a nice view from the sitting room. 
Looking out to the back garden or as I like to call it our 'outdoor living space' there are plenty of flowers and foliage to soften the hard lines of the different levels. 
We has a lovely time catching up and remembering past pupils. My friend, who is the only one of us still teaching, is now teaching some sons and daughters of earlier pupils. My neighbour's grown up children were taught by us and my other friend's daughter and family also live in this road though they are moving soon to a house nearer the school. After a very pleasant morning we said our good-byes and I went to do some shopping and to take a couple of bags of garden waste to the dump. In Tesco's I bought a tray of 20 petunia plants at half price. These got planted in the tomato tub by the front door and in the adjacent pot of lilies and osteospermums.
And then it was time to paint. I'm hoping that will be enough for the walls but to be on the safe side the paint rollers went back into their plastic bags fastened with clothes pegs. I've been washing out the paint trays and kitchen ladle (for scooping out the paint into the tray) at the end of each session but it is much easier to keep brushes and rollers in bags until the whole job is done.
The men came to take away the Rav as I arrived back from shopping. I didn't have the heart to tell Peter that they'd got it started but maybe that was by letting it roll down the hill a bit. Now we are a one car family but we also have the bicycles and town (and the pub) is/are in walking distance.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A very nice view looking out of your window. : )
Sounds nice having a catch up with your friends.