Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 May 2018

Hot.

Another lovely hot day, quite unusual for a Bank Holiday.  
It was quite interesting to see the solar panels being cleaned at the grand house behind us. 
While the cats sprawled around outside I painted yet another coat of white, this time the more expensive paint, onto the hall walls. I'm getting better each time but I'll be happy when it's done.  
As well as cutting the grass I finished off removing the dead wood from a couple of old fuchsias in the front garden. I cleared out some celandines that I had left there and dug up some  grass that had got into the plant bed. Peter sharpened up my garden shears then had a good go at trimming back a bush by the front door until his wrists became too painful. Later in the day when it wasn't so hot I planted some tall crocosmia (not sure if it's Lucifer or Mansorium), a hardy geranium and some red schizostylis in the plant bed by the garden wall. Still had some time to sit and read in the sun before my evening exercise routine.


No comments: