Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Cooler.

The day began grey and cooler with the sun not making an appearance until the late afternoon. The rain held off until after the noisy men from the council had cut the communal grass. It still looks messy with the cut grass left lying on the ground.  
During the morning I baked some more chocolate chunk cookies to restock the biscuit tin. Once I could get outside I tidied up our new grand garden steps getting rid of the bits of concrete under the top deck. The new decking now looks very orange so I'll tone it down with a coat of darker stain. 
I made a couple of trips to the garage through a drift of pink cherry blossom petals. One was to sort out a longer length of hose so that I can water all the pot plants in the garden from the tap under the kitchen window. I also fetched a couple of very sturdy plastic tubs, one a fish box we found on the beach 20 years ago, to use as planters by the kitchen window. They now have drainage holes and are filled with compost ready for the tomato seedlings which are coming on nicely in the conservatory. 
There was just time to screw one plank onto the side of the deck and plan how to make the big wood planter before doing my exercises as a warm up for the Pilates exercise class. Another vigorous session but we will be having the chap teaching us for the next two weeks. He just does Pilates which is gentler and doesn't result in sweat dripping down into my eyes. 
 Lots of colour in the neighbours' gardens.

No comments: