Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 May 2018

Sunny.

The morning was so hot that the cows and calves on the hill were crammed into the shade of some big trees. The cool north wind didn't get going until the afternoon but on the whole it has been a lovely day.
It took a lot of measuring and sawing but at last the planter on the lower deck is almost complete. All that needs doing is to screw the inner side to the deck. (Peter came home with a new sharp saw as well as the metal brackets I needed.) Apart from the angled cuts the piece that I'm most proud of is the oddly shaped end bit. I reused the old bull-nosed handrail to add height to the off-cuts of the new decking planks. There wasn't enough to go all the way along under the inner planks so I made 'feet' for the planks to sit on. It took several attempts even after making a card template but eventually I got a reasonable fit. The edge by the blue pot went down vertically so I sawed and sanded to make a fairly good matching bull-nosed edge. In between all the cutting, sanding and staining I painted the edges of the new doors. Two coats of the varnish-like 'knotting' over all the knots and then one coat of primer.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice job and I really like the ropes for the railings.