Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Muggy.

It's been an overcast and very humid day. By the time I got through all my jobs and was just about ready to sit outside the rain began so instead I began tidying away some of my DIY tools which have taken over the dinning table. 
The main job of the day was to paint another coat on the hall walls. Keeping my fingers crossed I think that just one more coat on the stair wall will be enough. I may work more slowly than the professionals but I get there in the end.
Once the hall is done it will be time to start with the next stage of our plan. That is to buy ourselves a modest camper van so that we can begin some gentle travelling and explore the UK. Peter set off to have a look at some possible campers only to find that his trusty Rav wouldn't start. It sounds like the starter motor has gone and with only a month to go until its next MOT it isn't worth repairing. He had planned to get rid of the Rav at that point anyway so tomorrow the scrap man is coming to take it away. As we make very few car journeys having one car will be more than enough.
On a brighter note, this afternoon I watched a house sparrow feeding on one of the feeders outside the sitting room window.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You may be slower but I bet the job you do it just as good or better and it sure is cheaper doing it yourself.