Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 May 2018

Warm.

Today has been a warm and humid day. A couple of heavy showers but when the sun did break through the temperature shot up.
This morning I moved some of the pots around in the garden. I like things to look good from all angles including through the kitchen window but I'm happy with the way everything looks for the moment. I like the way the big pot makes a focal point right at the top of the garden. Just need to use and then clear the last few pieces of wood. 
We found some time between showers to sit out and read/chat. The wind was singing through the group of about a dozen mature trees  four or five gardens along. They are situated so that we can see and hear the wind in them but they cast no shade on our garden. In fact they must also provide a barrier to sound from town. While we were out I spotted a small group of swallows flying high. 
I have also carried with painting, a second coat on the downstairs walls and ceilings. I also carefully glued down any of the edges of the dark grey wallpaper which were coming unglued. I been advised to paint the first coat before doing this.

1 comment:

happyone said...

That flower is so pretty. Like all the lines in it.