Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 May 2018

Sunny.

A real scorcher of a day. So hot that the washing on the line dried in a couple of hours.
This may only look like a newly plastered wall but to me it is a thing of beauty. Not only do we no longer have to look at the lumpy mess that we were left with but I can now begin painting the hall walls and ceilings, both upstairs and down. How I have longed for a bright white space instead of gloomy light and dark grey.
But while the weather is so good I'm sure I can find plenty to do outside. This morning, after scraping off the last specks of paint from the glass of the new doors, I had a tidy up of the paved outside space under the kitchen window. Among the things I had stacked there was half a bucket of river pebbles which I carefully put around the grass seedlings. Only a few inches high at the moment the grass should grow to about a foot with feathery plumes.
While I worked outside the cats kept me company snoozing in the shade. I sorted out the wood I need for the last planter which will go under the trellis. The paving slabs slope but I shall make the top of the planter level so the internal supports have to be cut at an angle and I will have to cut the lowest plank at an angle too. It took me all afternoon to decide on how deep to make the deepest end, either 2 or 3 planks deep. I finally settled on 2 deep which makes the other end quite shallow but I have some rockery type plants which could go there.
The wet socks and boots drying on the deck are Peter's. They had a taster morning for the gig club and then he went out with one of the race crews. That reminded him how much fun it is to row when everyone is rowing in time something that is a little lacking with the social rowers. Our next door neighbours' daughter who is very sporty went along and enjoyed the rowing so maybe she'll join up.

No comments: