Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Mad dogs and Englishmen .......

……….. go out in the mid-day sun.
Once again it was as hot as the Sahara in our back garden. Taking plenty of breaks I sawed up and bagged most of the remaining old wood. It will go either to a friend who has a wood burner but is away on holiday or into the wood skip at the dump. I've kept back some wood for a couple of ideas which will be next on the agenda.
Once the paved area was clear I had the fun job of planting up the last planter. Mostly with hardy geraniums but also some sweet peas which I'd got at BJ's with a coupon and some garlic chives at the front.
Peter postponed his wall painting as the instructions on the tin gave 80F as the top limit for painting and it was 100F. I also need slightly cooler conditions to mix up more mortar to fix some loose paving slabs. For the time being I need lots of sitting and looking time to work out where to place the last of the big pots and garden ornaments.
This evening I was out singing, an extra practise of the songs we are singing at a member's daughter's wedding in July. Our choir leader won't be there so two of the more experienced members will take turns to conduct and keep us all together. Well done to them for doing it but it made me realise how much the input from our leader  makes a difference especially to newbies like me. As I had 10 spare tomato plants I took them along to give away as a couple of people had said they would like some when I put a message on the choir's FB page. That's the conservatory cleared of plants except for some chilli peppers of unknown strength which Peter was given by a friend.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Everything looking very nice. You've done so much work and it has paid off.

Harriet said...

Well done, Ruta, your garden looks inviting!