Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 May 2018

Humid.

It's been a warm and sticky day. The rain held off until later in the afternoon which gave us a chance to sit outside and enjoy the scent of the magnificently blooming rose Sweet Juliet in the afternoon. There were even some rumbles of thunder but I didn't see any lightning.
First thing this morning we drove over to Mullacot Cross  so I could have a look at the campervan. We're looking for something as small as possible while still being able to stand up in it plus the usual amenities; bed, cooker, fridge, etc. This one has all of those plus a toilet/shower and bike rack at the back as well as a side awning. (That's a wind turbine behind it, not a tv aerial.) I used my super sensitive nose to check for damp or any trace of cigarette smoke which would have been an instant no. Having passed my smell test the next thing is for our reliable garage to give it a thorough inspection and a price for any repairs. We're not in a rush so we'll just see what happens. 
We drove up to Mullacot Cross on the back road through Prixford. I do miss driving along the country roads with  wildflowers on either side. We stopped at Fullabrook amongst the wind turbines so that I could take some photos of the views across the estuary to Northam and Appledore.

Today when I looked at the stair wall it wasn't quite a uniform white so this afternoon I gave it a 6th! coat and that will have to do. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope all checks out with the campervan.
That sure is a lot of coats of paint.