Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Windy.

Another day of cold winds, quite a lot of sunshine and occasional showers. We were up early today to be ready for the handyman's arrival at 8.00. He arrived promptly and spent the morning bringing in the materials he needs for the job and preparing the ground where the shed was. It looks as if he'll be starting there. In the afternoon he had to do some urgent work for an elderly couple, his long time family friends, who live across the grass from us. They'd set fire to their oven and this had destroyed the cooker so they needed an new cooker asap. Now all the materials are here the work will start tomorrow morning if the rain holds off.

In the morning I walked into town as I had a few things to do in the High Street. Passing Pilton Park all the trees have returned to summer green and the horse-chestnuts are sporting their candelabra like flowers with the promise of conkers in the autumn. 
On the other side of the park the beech trees overhanging the river are bearing their first lime green leaves. This little tidal river runs around three sides of the park which has been designed so that it acts as a containment if the river floods due to high tides and heavy rain.
I had gone into town with bare arms (I don't mind the cold so long as my back is warm) but when I came out of Green Lanes (our mini shopping mall) the pavements were wet and rain was still falling. While I stopped to take my pack-a-mac out of my back pack I looked up and noticed the interesting architecture of the building opposite. Usually I'm too busy looking in shop windows or avoiding the other shoppers.
By the time I got to the top of Pilton Street the sun was out again and my mac stored away in my back pack. Going past Bellaire House (below) I noticed the wisteria flowering on the house wall. I do miss the wisteria at Dingles that took so many years to flower.  
This evening it felt even colder as I walked over to the school for my Pilates exercise class. Another hard work out. I still struggle greatly with most of the lying on the floor work but I do try. Surely one day my abs will make some sort of an effective appearance.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to see all the leaves out on the trees.
Such changeable weather, at least you were prepared!
Hard work getting those abs in shape, I'm still trying too. : )