Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Beautiful Weather.

I was up and out early, at least by my current standards, as I had a mammogram appointment. The mobile unit was parked in the Asda car park, very handy for some shopping. You only get a mammogram once every three years but at least now the machine scans the lymph glands as well. Some women find the process uncomfortable but I've never had any problem. 
The weather today has been wonderful, it had that lovely warmth you get in the Med, early in the day before it gets too hot. We don't get many days like that so they are truly appreciated. It felt like the weather was going to break in the middle of the day when the cool wind picked up but then it warmed right up again. It would have been a good day for a trip somewhere but Peter's knee has been very painful this week.
In Asda I came across boxes of Earl Grey tea reduced by 75% so as Earl Grey is the only tea I drink at home I bought eight boxes.  I also called in to Lidl and B&Q where I finally matched the correct colour for our bedroom. Magnolia sounds very mundane but I like the walls to match the curtains and Dulux magnolia is the perfect match.
At home after a little gardening and a final sealing session in the conservatory I returned to backing up my photos. Having worked my way through an enormous pile of discs each of which could hold 700 mb I started on the new stack that Peter gave me. These are dvd discs and hold over six times the capacity of the earlier discs. This means I can copy and paste a whole month  of photos and go off and do something else while the PC does its stuff. So far I've done two discs and covered five months. I wish I'd been given these discs before.
We had some news from Borth - we've got rats! or at least they're in the back garden. The place was empty for a year so no wonder they made themselves at home. Because we've had people doing stuff there the rats have started to disperse. Our neighbours who are pleasant enough but town people from the Midlands have not been happy to find baby rats cavorting in their garden. We're more or less surrounded by people's homes so we can't just expect the rats to move on and measures will have to be taken. Luckily we have another neighbour keeping an eye on the place and either he or our builder will be able to call the right people. I don't like poison and would prefer (killing) traps or dogs, cleaner and no toxic corpses left around but I don't think we'll have the option.
On a lighter note tonight's Pilates took place outside in the shade of three gorgeous trees. The main one was a weeping something (not willow), one was a purple leaved birch and the third had silvery white leaves. It was lovely looking up through the branches especially when we were having a short break in the middle of the session. With the shade and the breeze it wasn't too hot though I was glad I'd come in shorts rather than lycra leggings.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh rats, that doesn't sound pleasant!!
We've been having a few days of beautiful weather too. Great days to be working outside.