Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 June 2019

Hot.

Still incredibly hot with a welcome breeze. I walked into town this morning in full hot weather gear, flip-flops, shorts, straw hat and shades. I didn't see that many people wearing any type of hat but apart from the fact that I like hats venturing into the sun without one gives me a headache and worse. It still feels like being on holiday in the Med. especially when some of the shops have nice cool air conditioning. If climate change makes such hot weather a regular occurrence then I expect air conditioning will become more common. At the moment I don't think anyone has it in their homes. 
In town I collected our prescriptions, posted a parcel, failed to get Peter a farm-made steak and ale pie but got his sausages, tried on a bra in M&S in my usual less than successful hunt for one that is comfy and supportive, bought five more of the silver gift boxes in Wilko's and treated myself to this glass paperweight from one of the charity shops.There was a red one which I would have bought for Sally but not at £10 when the clear one was £1.50. A long while back I  had fallen for a much larger version in one of the expensive home décor places but when I decided to treat myself to an item that had no use except to look pretty they didn't have them anymore. This little one is a good compromise. 
It was too hot to sit outside when I got home and the cold marble floor under my bare feet felt wonderful. Later I brushed out yet another of my fluffy dressing gowns that was hanging on the line after which Peter and I sat out for a while. 
A small home hack that I came up with the other day. I used some soft garden wire to make a hook from which I could hang the washing up brush. I had been keeping it in the plastic caddy which holds the washing up liquid etc. but that had to be constantly cleaned due to water dripping off the brush. I've done something similar to hold our toothbrushes so that they hang over the edge of the window ledge in the bathroom. I didn't want to be drilling into the tiles for a permanent wall mounted holder and every mug type holder collected water inside which needed constant cleaning.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We don't have AC but just about everyone has it here.