Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 June 2019

Hot.

Last night the forecast for today was for wet weather. This morning however the patches of blue tempted me to get some washing done and I'm glad I did so. We had a day of hot sun with a bit of a breeze which got the washing dry enough for ironing. At lunchtime I heard there was an amber rain warning for the south-east of the country which was due to get a month's rain in one day and the low pressure bringing heavy rain for the rest of the week was headed our way. At 6.00 the first big rain drops hit the ground followed quickly by several fast moving thunderstorms. The grey skies became a dramatic solid pink later on as the rain continued to fall and yes water is still dripping in the conservatory.
I thought the sunshine was too good to ignore (oops the bare bulb of my table lamp has melted a dent in the side of my monitor), so I got my book and had a relaxing time out in the garden. This was after I did some tidying up of fallen rose petals and rhododendron blooms. 
This morning I walked into the kitchen to see a ginger and white cat (so maybe a female) cautiously walking outside quite close to the house. I don't know if Speedy picked up on my tone of surprise but he suddenly rushed into the conservatory from where I heard a bang as he crashed into the glass. The strange cat scrambled up and out as fast as it could while Speedy rushed back into the kitchen and leapt up to look out of the window lashing his tail angrily.
On my local FB Exmoor Zoo has put out a request asking people to keep an eye out for one of their pelicans which has flown away. Usually it's lost or found cats and dogs.
I spoke to the hygiene standards officer at the council today. He said this butchers has had varied hygiene ratings for the last 10 years and they will get some kind of warning which might encourage them to improve at least for a while. I eat very little meat, maybe once a month and Peter has cut right back on processed meats; bacon, ham etc. though he still likes to have meat with his main meal. As a rule we hardly ever buy any processed foods, too much fat, salt and other nasty additives. (Does chocolate count as a processed food?) 

No comments: