Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 15 June 2019

Sun and Cloud.

It's been a mix of sun and clouds today with the southerly wind keeping it quite warm. Now that the torrential rains have stopped I was able to give the outside of the conservatory an inspection to see if I could spot where the water was getting in. And I think I found it. There's a horizontal channel above the windows where two pieces of cladding meet and not only was it sporting some kind of black sludge but I could see the remains of sealant in there too. It took time to clean out the channel, wipe it down with bleach and then dry it but eventually it was ready for a line of clear sealant. Now I just need to wait for the next rain to see if any water still gets in. The afternoon was a lot sunnier so I had a general garden tidy; sweeping up rose petals, dead heading, weeding and pulling up the remainder of the wallflowers from the front garden. The last black-eyed Susan seedlings were planted in one of the wall planters leaving the conservatory clear of plants. 
To finish off the afternoon we sat out in the sun, sometimes reading but mostly chatting. Peter had one knee injected yesterday (the doctor wouldn't do both at the same time) and already it is less painful and some of the swelling has gone down which is great.
Before starting on my outside work I went over the carpet with the cleaner again. Although it doesn't look brand new it no longer looks as if it needs immediate replacing.

1 comment:

pureconservatories said...

what a great post thanks for sharing
Pure Conservatories