Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 June 2019

Wet.

I woke quite early this morning and instead of going back to sleep for a couple of hours I was up and doing my exercises by 7.00. It's been a day of sunny spells and sudden heavy showers. Luckily I managed to stay dry on my walk to town. I escaped one shower by wandering around the shops. Before that I posted off the letters to the auction houses, you never know there might be a fortune up there in the loft, or not.
I also bought some carpet cleaner to deal with the grubby patches on the light carpet in Peter's study and with a few in mine but they weren't so obvious on my brown carpet. I'm pretty pleased with the results, my carpet looks pristine now and Peter's is much better. I'll give his carpet another go tomorrow. 
The wall panel samples arrived today. The little one in the middle is the matte version of the large one. Peter is making a curry tomorrow and I plan to see just how stain resistant they are. Nothing stains like a curry sauce. Now that I'm a step closer to the kitchen plan my mind is turning to the bathroom. So far I've got; extra large walk-in shower, no step between the shower and the rest of the room, a full-length bench seat, a window to the outside (it hasn't got one now) and  a bowl type sink. With an unlimited budget I could be even more extravagant, it's fun to dream.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The pastel tiles are very pretty.
Well we finally have a contract on our house. Just hope all goes well and we go to closing soon!!