Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 June 2019

Wet.

Speedy must have been very confused this morning when I kept appearing in the kitchen without feeding him. I usually feed him when I go down in the morning. The first time was at 2.30 when I woke to hear heavy rain and being concerned about the water getting into the conservatory I went down to put a towel down under a container. After sleeping for a couple of hours I woke again at 4.30 to the sound of even heavier rain so went down to add extra containers. I was back down again at 9.00 to get a couple of crispbreads so that I could take my painkillers. So not a very good night for me either but at least the conservatory floor stayed dry. We had rain for most of the morning and I'd hung washing up in the conservatory so I haven't yet applied more sealant to where Peter spotted water getting in.
In the afternoon I had a good sort out of the bedroom shelves which hold a lot of my stuff'; jewellery, earrings, various potions and lotions and first aid bits etc. I was able to dump some stuff either into the bin, the recycling or the to give away pile which is good. I rang the company that makes the acrylic panels for some samples. I think one reason that I like the matte 'mist' colour is that it looks like sea glass which I've always loved.

No comments: