Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 June 2019

Grey.

With little wind and the cows and the forecasters promising rain I didn't think it worth putting in a big load to wash. I did wash some tea towels that had been soaking and hung them up in the conservatory rather than risk the occasional shower.
We've got a viewing tomorrow morning so I did some extra cleaning and tidying up today.  On the Borth front, Peter has spoken again to the builder and they're working towards getting enough cleared so that we can move in. Hopefully they'll sort something out.
I got on with more copying of my photo files to discs and have finished 2016. With files of such varying sizes this time I hovered over the files to get their sizes and added them up until I got to about 700 MB. That saved having to go back and pick fewer files or add extra one by one and the mental arithmetic was a little challenge for my brain. I've still got files going back to 2011 on my external hard drive to copy.
This afternoon as I was nibbling some Tesco's own Ryvita (definitely not worth getting, Lidl's version is much better) a cheeky robin flew down and peered in through the sitting room window. The blackbirds have been coming down and feeding on fat balls in the buddleia and once in a while a sparrow appears. I've got my window open and I'm sure I just heard an owl. I heard them quite a lot last year. With birds in mind I had a quick look to see what happened with the escaped pelican. It was found a mile away the next day and they were able to entice it with food and capture it safely. It had flown off as the pelicans were getting their regular wing feather clipping.
Pilates again tonight. Only two more weeks until the end of term. The class was down to 10 this evening. I think that's the minimum number needed to sign up at the beginning of each term for the class to continue. Pilates has been so good for me in terms of flexibility, core strength and balance that I intend to keep it up for as long as I can.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope things went well with the viewing!!