Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 June 2019

Kitchen Ideas.

A dry but cold day today. First thing, or what counts for first thing in my lifestyle, I drove across town for some shopping. The first stop was BJ's to get some colourful bedding to brighten up the hanging basket and planter by the front door while the begonias and nasturtiums are still growing just to add to the 'curb appeal' for any potential viewers. I chose some mimulus which with their yellow/orange/ red colours will blend with existing flowers. From there I called in at Lidl and Tesco's for fresh fruit and veg and a few other things. Then it was on to B&Q to pick up a colour chart so that I will know the exact shade of paint for our new bedroom. I know the shade of our current bedroom walls but it is a B&Q brand paint and Dulux might be easier for the builders to buy in Wales. I don't intend to do the painting in Borth because the rooms are extra high and it was hard enough painting this place.
Whenever I'm in a DIY store I always have a look for ideas for our new kitchen and bathroom and today I struck gold.  The kitchen (and most of the rest of the place will be white) and we'll probably have beech worktops in the kitchen but I hadn't really thought about the splashbacks above the cupboards. The current trend is for rectangular 'subway' tiles which we both dislike partly because they are a reminder of the dark red tiles with black grouting that were once in the kitchen at Dingles but mainly because they look like the tiles in smelly Victorian public toilets. Square tiles are okay but I find keeping the grout lines clean a problem. This below is today's find, acrylic panels. The colour below is the one I like but I think I'd prefer the matte finish rather than the gloss. They also make a smaller one in glass to go behind the hob. It's quite pricey but I think it's worth it. For the units we'll look for plain white, possibly high gloss. that's about as far as I've got with the kitchen plans.
It was choir again for me this evening and after two run-throughs of the seaweed song we moved on to nicer songs that were fun to sing. I struggle a bit with the breathing which is awkward as our teacher is working on extending the amount we sing before breathing. I did have a word with her afterwards explaining my current breathing difficulties so she wouldn't think I was just ignoring her.


No comments: