Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 June 2019

Wet.

Steady rain all morning topped off by a deluge in the middle of the day. How thankful I am not to be running out trying to stop water flowing down the drive. A good test of the garage roof with not a drop  getting through to the garage. Not such good news for the conservatory roof which still leaks in one corner. During a lull in the rain I climbed on a chair to see if I could spot how the rain was getting in but it's still a mystery. I did find, after pulling off the strip that caps off the roofing panels, that there was water and a weird gel-like growth (bacterial?) in the ends of the channels that make up the roof panels. I tried poking it with a fine screwdriver but it's difficult stuff to shift. The question is How is the water getting in there?. Hopefully not from the other end of the panels up by the house wall. Maybe it's squeezing under the end piece and being sucked in by whatever is growing in the panels. I'm still not sure how that would result in water ending up inside the conservatory.
As I couldn't do too much outside I spent the afternoon collating my daily notes for last winter and spring ready to be written into my family journal. As usual I read through the journal first and for a while was flummoxed by my visit to the hospital for my …….? With my fancy Tolkien style writing it looked like gams or  garns but then I realised it was in fact gums referring to the time my dentist sent me for a further opinion on a pocket behind one of my teeth. I find my journal very helpful to pinpoint events as often years blend together. I may at some point look into having this blog printed out. Rather a large undertaking I fear.

Off again to Pilates tonight. As the cause of my breathlessness has still to be diagnosed  I made sure I gave myself plenty of small breaks.

No comments: