Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 June 2019

Very Hot.

It's officially the first day of summer and scorchingly hot.  The official high temperature was 27C/80.6F in the south-east. It was overcast and muggy in the morning but by the afternoon patches of blue began to appear and it felt even hotter. Summer holiday in the Mediterranean hot. 
I planned to go shopping but I trimmed the blob bushes and mowed the grass so that I could take the bags of grass to the dump first. That I  did but when I parked at Lidl's I realised that although I had my handbag and shopping list my purse was still at home. It didn't take more than 20 minutes to drive home to get my purse but it was highly annoying. At least I didn't find myself at the checkout without my purse. As usual I called in at Tesco's as well where I got Peter a tub of mixed olives and another of anti-pasta tomatoes stuffed with garlic both at 70% off. I bought some bags of the 'cow' fudge which is on special offer at the moment and I doubt if Aberystwyth Tesco's has a Polish section. These have been put away for now as they are not exactly diet fare.
I still mowed part of the communal grass. The media keeps suggesting that we leave the wildflowers for the insects but it doesn't take long for the buttercups, clover and dandelions to reappear. If the grass gets too long it swamps the wildflowers. 
In the end I didn't spend time outside, probably better as the lads, young men really, at the end house had a get together with friends. Not quite a party but lots of loud and uncouth language and loud thumping club type music.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We both mowed lawns today!