Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 June 2019

Hot and Cold.

A lot of clouds today with the occasional shower. My attire as I walked into town reflected the changeable weather. Flip-flops and sunglasses for the hot spells, it is June and summer after all but a jacket and ear wrap for the cold spells when the clouds covered the sun. First stop was the chemist to pick up one medicine which they should have had last week. Hopefully the pharmacy in the Borth medical centre will be more efficient. Then to the butcher to get some Cumberland sausages for Peter. Despite the big notice on the wall stating the handwashing and clean apron routine when serving cooked meats such as ham neither of the butchers weighing out ham for two customers before me did any of it. It didn't matter to me as I was the one buying raw meat but the chances of cross-contamination there are high. I think I'll have to make a phone call tomorrow. Not because I'm a busybody but to protect the public.
While I was in town I dropped into the forces charity shop in what used to be B.H.S. and came out with a brand new adjustable metal curtain pole still in its packaging.  As I will be hanging double curtains in Borth I think poles will be sturdier than curtain tracks.
Back home I gave the back garden decking and paving a weed and sweep. All the romantic rose petals were swept up and the few weeds disposed of. It was nice and warm as I worked but the minute we sat down to read the clouds rolled in. We abandoned our reading plans and then of course the sun came out again. 
More pink clouds in the evening sky. 

No comments: