Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 June 2019

Sunny.

Another hot and sunny day. The same is forecast for tomorrow for all of the country except here. After a sunny start we can expect rain from the middle of the day.  Then I'll be able to see how successful my latest attempt to stop the conservatory leak has been.
At the moment it feels like we're in a state of limbo waiting for work to start in Borth and hoping we get a buyer for this place soon. For now, apart from the conservatory all I can do is keep the house and garden tidy and be prepared to pack up once more. Today I was able to re-home our smallest TV which we haven't needed since Dingles. Unfortunately I think the remote got chucked out a while back but at least somebody will be able to use the TV. I left the TV out on the doorstep for a lady to collect as I was off out doing the usual round of shops. I nearly forgot to take the bags of grass cuttings etc. and had to do a U-turn at the bottom of the road to come back and collect them. Then it was on to the dump, BJ's, Lidl, Tesco and B&Q.  At B&Q I bought some red busy lizzies to fill up a few gaps as all the summer bedding was being sold off at half price. I also picked up their bathroom and kitchen brochures for a little light reading and dreaming. The roads were fairly quiet for a Saturday, I expect a lot of people had headed to one of the local beaches.
I had hoped to put our mattress cover in to wash today but I just could not get the zip to budge. I could have cut the end of the zip off to open it up but I didn't fancy stitching in a new zip. That is if I could find an 18 ft. zip. Instead I washed the fleece undersheet from our bed. 
The clouds began rolling in this afternoon but we still managed to sit outside for an hour, that's probably enough in the sun.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like those red flowers on the tall stems. So pretty.
House sale fell through for us, now back to the beginning!!