Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Cool.

A cool day today with plenty of sun and clouds and the occasional shower. My washing had an hour of drying in the garden before I had to hang it up in the conservatory. Coming home tonight the sky was filled with lavender and pink clouds, a few outlined in gold against a blue and pink sky. 
As Peter was down to the last biscuit in the biscuit box I baked a batch of the usual chocolate and peanut butter cookies. Then I had another go at the conservatory roof cleaning out the weird gel from the end of the roof panels.  Cotton buds and a wire twisted around a piece of J cloth did the trick. Cotton buds are so useful for cleaning tricky corners, I hope they come up with an eco-friendly alternative when the current ones are banned.
Determined to get to grips with the alto part for Po Kare Kare I spent some time in the afternoon writing down the notes for the parts we struggle with. My piano and computer are on opposite sides of my (small) study so that involved lots of toing and froing listening to a short burst, writing down the notes and then checking it by playing it on the piano while listening to the PC. Got it done eventually. I didn't bother with the timing because that comes naturally but it was very useful to see the notes and listening to it so many times helped me learn the part as well. I took my words and notes to choir and some of my friends found it helpful especially for the times when our part takes an unexpected note. For our warm up we sang some lively spirituals but then came the dreaded seaweed song. We sing in Irish Gaelic but while the basses were going through their parts my friend pointed out that the words are also uninspiring. For example - I would buy expensive shoes said the seaweed. and The Irish seaweed has a beret and trousers. Once we'd all got to grips with our parts it wasn't quite so bad but we have other much nicer songs that we sing.

No comments: