Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Sunny.

Britain is feeling the benefit of being an island as cool winds keep the temperature bearable unlike the rest of Europe which is sweltering in a heatwave with official temperatures going up to 45C/113F. At the moment I can see the few clouds being blown along by a northerly wind.
Peter went off to the doctor this morning for a steroid injection in his other knee. The doctor confirmed that he had done far too much walking around following the last injection hence all the pain in his left knee. I think he's going to take more care this time.
While he was out I went to the garage and sorted through a few more boxes. There was some paint which I threw out as it looked very odd but there were four tins with varying amounts in them which I've offered on the free site. A few days ago I responded to a request for bathroom/kitchen paint and the person was happy with the half tin of satin magnolia (not the right one for our new place) which I had used on our kitchen walls so maybe somebody can use the rest of our left-overs.
Most of the rest of my day was spent on housework, practising songs for choir and copying photo files. Being so much easier now I'm half-way through 2013. We found time to sit outside as well. I even rolled out my Pilates mat so that I could lie on my stomach in an attempt to even up my tan. Some parts of me such as my feet and arms are nicely golden (I don't go for the walnut brown look) but other parts are distinctly pale and insipid. Oh well, I don't take getting a tan that seriously anyway.
The rat problem in Borth is being taken care of by the local council though we've had to pay £53 for the service. The important thing is that we've taken steps to deal with the problem as soon as we heard about it. 
It was choir again tonight. Numbers seemed to be down as people are either on holiday or ill. We spent some time polishing up Labi Siffre's 'Something inside' and then it was back to the seaweed song. Here is a link to FB of us singing one of our rousing favourites Shona Malanga, the other week. Tonight we ended with 'Sometimes I feel like a motherless child' sung in four parts.

No comments: