Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 June 2019

Cool Start, Warm Finish.

We had a cool grey morning with a few showers but by late afternoon the sun was blazing down in full force. Speedy was getting boisterous again so I took him out for another walk. Today we got right to the end of the street with lots of stops to sniff exciting scents. He's getting better on the lead and I can see that it wouldn't be hard to train him to walk properly but his feet are nearly healed up. Once he doesn't need his cone on he can go back to being a free roaming cat. In the meantime I shall continue to take him for occasional walks and combing him several times a day. The combing was initially to root out the fleas but they are almost non-existent now. However the combing also helps remove loose hairs which are increasing with the warm weather. I use a metal toothed nit comb and today, as well as purring as soon as I started he lay on his back as I combed his tummy and kneaded the air in front of him. One very happy cat.
A couple of nice things happened to me today. In the morning a lady called for the bag of brushes and in return gave me a packet of shortbread fingers. (Everyone knows gift items have no calories). The page is for free items only but a thank you is appreciated. The other good event was checking my emails and seeing I had a message from the auction house that put my amber necklaces and an ivory pendant in a sale. They sold for five times the reserve prices which was a very pleasant surprise. That extra money will go towards treats on our camper trips.
During one of the morning showers I could see that water was still getting into the conservatory so I put more sealant on this time working on the inside of the conservatory. That was the extent of today's work.

No comments: