Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 21 June 2019

Summer Solstice.

It's the longest day of the year and what a beautiful day it has been. First thing this morning it was fairly cloudy but the day just got sunnier and hotter until the afternoon when there were just a few puffs of white cloud in the sky. I got two loads of washing done and ironed. The sheets are back on our bed and the room has that lovely 'freshly ironed' smell. I'm looking forward to feeling the smoothness of the bedding too. I can't believe that many people these days iron little if at all (heard it on the radio), they don't know what they are missing. 
This morning I found Speedy minus his collar and yes he'd been at his feet again. One has gone back to how it was right at the beginning so the plasters and bandages have gone back on. Daft cat.
('Scuse the reflections.) Later in the day I mowed the lawn and the main grass too. For the last few days my neighbour and her sister have been clearing all the weeds in the central paved space as well as edging and strimming the path. In years gone by I too would have been out there helping but not with my back as it is. I offered the mower to my neighbour to mow her section of the main grass but she was too worn out to do it today. It's interesting to see the range of wild flowers in the varying height of grass left by the different frequencies of mowing. I felt a bit bad about mowing off the white clover flowers but there are plenty more in the other sections. I even waited a couple of times to let a bumble bee collect the nectar & pollen from flowers a few inches in front of the mower. 
There's still a small amount of water getting into the conservatory so today I filled another gap and will wait for the next rain to see if that does the trick.
It being such a lovely day  we made time to spend an hour sitting out on the sunloungers. 
The evening sky at nearly half-past ten is fading into blues, greens and yellows and I can still hear the calls of seagulls above the muted roar of the traffic on the main road. Earlier there was just a hint of pink haze with a few pink streaks of cloud.
Thankfully there have been no hitches to writing today's post. Yesterday must just have been one of those weird things that happen with technology.

No comments: