Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 June 2019

Wild.

The wind is now blowing from the south so it isn't too cold but has brought plenty of showers, some of them very heavy. Now that the nasturtiums have germinated I went out between showers and put all the pebbles back on the surface of the big planter under the sitting room window. Looks nicer and will help keep the moisture in.
Today's job was to finish mending the big crochet throw. First I had to climb up into the loft and find the box with all my wool, furthest away under the eaves, to pick out some matching or at least sympathetic colours. Then followed a quiet afternoon darning and even crocheting to get the throw back to a reasonable state. The mohair squares keep it light and still warm.
Peter has made a large cheese, potatoe, onion and bacon casserole so for tonight I'm abandoning my usual salad and having a cooked supper instead.

No comments: