Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 June 2019

Sun, Sun, Sun.

After so many grey wet days it was wonderful to welcome the sun back this afternoon. It was such a nice change that we spent most of the afternoon sitting outside. I did start copying photo files from 2015 but it's taking  longer, I think because they first have to be copied from my external hard drive and then copied onto a disc.
The morning's viewing went well. It turned out that the couple knew the estate well as they lived in the road opposite years ago. Their children went to the school where I was teaching and the mother remembered me vaguely from those days. We share a mutual good friend and they are friends with  some people along the road that I also know. So they know the area and are familiar with the house (the houses on this estate are similar with some size or structural variations) but if this is the house for them, who can tell?
As the biscuit box was nearly empty I decided to bake some cookies for Peter. I was getting on fine until I found that we didn't have any Lidl's chocolate bars. Because I'm watching what I eat I try not to buy extra chocolate, too much temptation but I usually have a bar or two for baking. Instead I added lots of cocoa powder and was generous with the peanut butter. They were okay but you just can't beat the delight of biting into a chunk of soft chocolate in the biscuit.
It was choir night for me. NO seaweed song, hooray. We've started learning a Georgian song, only one word to learn but it has five syllables, Mravaljamier. It's supposed to be a rousing drinking/partying song but so far it's quite dirge like. And it didn't sound anything like this. I think we're attempting a much easier version.

No comments: