Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 November 2019

Cold.

It has been very chilly today. Walking in to town I took the precaution of putting my umbrella in my bag but the day stayed dry. I went into town to pay a builder's bill and to pick up my prescription for some iron tablets. At Boots I was told that they had sent off the order for my prescription and I should come back Monday or Tuesday. That didn't make much sense as I knew my doctor had sent the paperwork on Wednesday. I didn't go quietly but kept asking what I was supposed to do. In the end they gave me the prescription form back so that I could try a different pharmacy. The nearest option was the pharmacy that seemed to mess up our medicines every single month. However I went there and they did have the tablets in stock but I still had to wait a while. Funnily or not so funnily for those concerned of the two people in front of me in the queue one had taken home their bag of medicines only to find that one item was missing and the other person who was expecting to collect two people's prescriptions was only given one. All the lady at the counter would say was 'You'll have to phone your doctor.' in a fairly aggressive tone. At least I got my tablets.
I did my usual visits to the charity shops and despite my aim not to buy Christmas decorations etc. I bought some fancy gift ribbon, the kind with wired edges to make bows and some 'crystal' drops. They were in the 10p basket so this lot cost me 50p. I also chatted briefly to some friends who were out and about.
Back home I didn't return to the chair cover construction but instead got on with tidying. That's because we've actually got a viewing tomorrow morning. I'm trying hard not to be optimistic but a slight chance is better than no chance at all. The conservatory has been put back together after a lot of banging to fit the fascia boards and the corner pieces back in and everywhere is looking tidy. 
As usual the photo doesn't do justice to the pretty evening sky. It began with shades of pink surrounding the grey clouds and then turned to deep red before the dark closed in. 

No comments: