Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 November 2019

Sunny.

Dry with sunny spells today. The rose bush is still valiantly blooming with yet more buds appearing on long stems. 
Today has been a good day in that I have 'Got things done'. What gets me down is when I feel that nothing has been achieved. Even if it's just keeping up with my exercises which has a benefit to future health or playing something new on the piano to improve neural pathways then the day hasn't been wasted. After seeing the cardiologist yesterday I'm back to doing almost a full set of exercises and music practice happened too. While I wait for the delivery of a new sewing machine pedal I hand sewed a couple of darts on the chair cover and tacked on fabric strips through which I'll run some elastic to pull the cover in to the chair frame. I've even arranged to go for a tattoo consultation later this week. So plenty done today.

A new set of progress photos arrived today. Plasterboards are going up on the walls and in the above photo is a tantalising glimpse of the enlarged opening through to the kitchen/dinning room. The dinning area below  is looking cosier with the insulation on the walls. As well as insulated plasterboards on the walls the floors will be insulated too. I decided against increasing the opening (on the left) right up to the outside door as the tv will be against the other side. That way the sofa and armchair will be facing the tv and also overlooking the garden and sea.



1 comment:

happyone said...

The rose is beautiful.
I always feel good too after a day of getting stuff done.
House coming along nicely. NICE big window!