Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 November 2019

Grey.

Today I walked down to town. Although it was often very grey there was never more than a light drizzle. It was generally quite warm and I was glad that I only had on a light jacket over a vest. Even then I felt overheated by the time I got back home.
One of my planned stops in town was to Boots to print off a photo which I had transferred to a pen-drive to use in my Christmas letter. It was only as I was walking down and thinking about the contents of the letter that I realised there were several more photos to be printed off so that went on hold. I called in at the charity shop and found a new 24" zip which I later sewed into the cushion cover. I called in to several other charity shops for a quick scan but nothing caught my eye. 
I'm so happy with the furry men's slippers I bought in Primark the other day that I've been keeping an eye out for some more in that size. Not only are they a roomy fit but they have proper rubber soles and not those silly fabric soles with little pimples. At last there were two pairs and at only £4 I bought both to put away for the future. I had been intending to buy an extra large fluffy grey fleece as a throw for the sofa once the new covers are complete but they were sold out. I should have bought one when I saw it. 
I had slipped the phone camera into my pocket but when I wanted to take some photos of Christmas displays I found that after one of my friends had put it into selfie mode I couldn't switch it back to normal. At first I thought I'd wait until I got home to have a closer look but then I swallowed my pride and asked one of the men at the Sky information stand to help me out. I've asked them for help with a couple of issues with our Sky box before so they probably think I'm a daft old lady. They weren't doing anything and the chap was kind enough to point out the one icon I hadn't tried as I'd thought it was for expanding the picture but was in fact the one I needed. (Will have to explore how to zoom in with the camera next.) My shop photos didn't come out well but the ones I took on the way home were alright. The tree above was covered in white blossom and the trees by the road had caught the sun and looked bright against the grey skies.

No comments: